Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Error while using Optional Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

megs7

Technical User
Jun 5, 2008
IN
Hi,

Has anyone faced the below error before? Please let me know the solution for this.

I created the following filter condition named "Status" in the universe: This is basically an optional prompt.
@Select(Demographic\Status) In @prompt('Enter value for Status:','A','Demographic\Status',Multi,Free,Persistent,{},User:0,optional)

When I create a WebI report using the above filter condition and if I dont choose any value from the prompt I get the below error message:

Removing skipped prompts from the query will introduce new prompts. This introduces complexities that cannot be supported. (Error: WIS 00027)

If I choose some value in the prompt, the report runs successfully for the chosen value. Why does this occur? And also, when I try to create an optional prompt in WebI it works perfectly. But this is not my requirement.

My requirement is to create an optional prompt in the universe, but if I implement the same it doesnt seem to work :(

Is there any way to get rid of the error? Pleeease help

Regards,
Megh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back