Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting error "Written Conflict"!!!!!????

Status
Not open for further replies.

legs00

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
CA
Hi,

I have this form (ACTIVITIES) where the user enters criterias and they are shown in the subform. The user can then choose a record in the subform and modify various fields. This opens another form (MODIFYACTIVITIES) where the user makes changes. Once the modify button in pressed an error message pops up:

Write Conflict:
This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record you will overwrite the changes the other user made.
Copying the changes on clipboard will let you look at the values the other user entered, and the paste your changes back in if you decide to make changes.

I am not quite sure but I think it comes from the access apllication itself and not from and code I wrote. Could it be something in my tables? Something in my database properties??????

Please help me!!!!

Hi.

I dunno for sure...but it sounds like you're opening the same record in two different forms. Why do you have to open the second form from the sub form? Why not just modify the record in the subform? If I understood correctly... Gus Brunston :cool: An old PICKer, using Access2000
padregus@attbi.com

What data is copied to the clipboard? That should show you where the problem is occurring. John

Use what you have,
Learn what you can,
Create what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back