Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting error messages on router Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhawani123

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2000
IN
Hi,

I procured Cisco 3725 Router.I am geeting Error message "error:tftp://255.255.255.255/network.conf.
"error:tftp://255.255.255.255/access.conf"

I tried to remove this File and Could not Succeed.I Delete the
flash Memory file and upload the New Bin In Flash But still getting Same messages on Router.

Thanks.
Bhawani

Those don't appear to be FLASH problems. It seems that you are attempting to configure the NVRAM from a TFTP server, specifically it's broadcasting a major network, looking for ANY tftp server. If you are getting to the point to see that error and can put configuration commands, then it's not your IOS. Your flash is fine...

Get to the router console and type

show version

Look at the configuration register, if it's anything other than 0x2102, then do the following: (this will tell the router to boot from NVRAM instead of that tftp location.)

conf t
config-register 0x2102
exit
copy run start

reload

The error should stop. It's not a router error, the router is not malfunctioning. It's simply looking for configuration information that is no longer there.

You could correct the problem with a default route on the router pointing to the interface that connects a subnet containing a TFTP server with network.conf and access.conf ready to be used and pre-configured.

I highly suggest you just change the config-reg and start reading a lot of books. :)

If the configuration register is already 0x2102, come back here.

Its definitely not the problem with the flash...Your router is trying to reach a tftp server...change the config register settings to 2102 and all should be fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back