Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting #ERROR frequently 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adolfop

Programmer
Sep 2, 2002
AU
To all the Access Guru's out there.
I have a problem that has me stummped!!! I have an Access database in 97 and 2000 versions being used at the same time with approx 20-25 users. The #ERROR is rearing its ugly face with the description

"Microsoft Jet Database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the data at the same time"

This is occuring only with the memo fields within the database. Once the #ERROR is in the field I am constantly getting the above message.

1. Does anyone know how to fix this
2. How can I get the data back.

Many thanks in advance...

Hi.

You need to read :

Make sure that you update your version of the Jet Database Engine, and also service pack for access, and also VB5Cli.exe.

For future reference, make sure that you set record locking to "Edited Record" in Access Options for that database:

Tools-Options-Advanced-Default Record Locking

Hope this helps.

You may be able to delete the record using a delete query, but make sure you back the database up (to CD, maybe?) before you go ahead and do this. I Know that there are other posts in this forum from people with the same problem - may be worth checking it out

Regards,
Mr Big. Dont be small. be BIG

Im a bit confused - what do you mean exactly when you say 'I have an Access database in 97 and 2000 versions being used at the same time'?

Thank you aaahhhrrggghhhh for you ideas.
I will look into the support site.

Paddyo - to answer your question the Back end system is in 97 while the front end systems are a mixture of 97 and 2000 due to one area running a 2000 runtime version (for another database application) where I am unable to have both runtimes reside together thus I have had to create 2 versions of the same front end system.

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back