Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting error even before running session

Status
Not open for further replies.

achedere

Programmer
May 25, 2005
US
hi all,

I am getting this error "Session or its instance not valid".Error is TM-6203 and i did not get much of information about that.
Everything seem to be okay my mapping is valid.....
My sources are oracle tables and my target is a flatfile.
I m FTP'ing my target and am getting this error.
Can someone suggest me with any solutions.

Thanks in advance.....
Anu

Validate the session also. It's possible you don't have all connections configured. If you have any lookups, make sure they are set up with connections also.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

hi everyone,
I have a problem...
I have to extract fields from 5 diff oracle tables basically i have 8 cols from table1,3 from table2 and 1 each from table3,table4,table5.all are in the same level and same instance.
i have to calculate 12 fields using expression transformation.
i have used 4 normal joins to extract these fields and 1 expression.
Now my session is successful but i have no columns in the target table.
do i have to take care of any other issues?

Please mail me soon....its urgent...

Thanks in advance..

Anu.

Yes and No.
First you should check if you are creating a dataless outcome by performing normal joins between the sources.
Often,mappings have one master source and data is added through outer joins.
Secondly use the verbose datalogging setting on expressions/joiners to check where things may be wrong. This works best with a small dataset, cause logfiles tend to grow very big.
Thirdly, use a step by step approach , writing intermediate resultsets to flatfiles to check on output.

Remember, that with only normal joins, your mapping will never generate any output if one of the sources does not deliver any data (or delivers keys that are not joinable to other sources in the maping)

Ties Blom
Information analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back