Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting error during compile "Memory Overbooked"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2006
US
I'm getting an error message "Memory Overbooked" when I try to add a call to a new procedure to an existing PRG. The program is quite large already 9786 lines. Has anybody come across this error and how did you work around it.

Thanks

Well, 9786 lines is not a large program in my book, but you might be tempting the pre-processor. Do you have a lot of #include lines for .ch files? remove any you don't really need, because the memory allocated to the preprocessor is not configurable.

HTH
TonHu

I did a quick search on Google and found a (*I think*) Spanish user from 2000(ish) with the same problem.

I get from the gist of it that it may be the total number of functions *OR* lines in the particular program file.

Try putting half the functions in another .prg or see if you can turn some code segments into function that can be offloaded.

Got to be worth a try.

B-)

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

GriffMG & TonHu tks for the replies. TonHu the program is far larger than 9786, just this slice was 9786 lines. There are no INCLUDE's or .CH files used in this app. GriffMG I don't think it's the total # of lines, in this case, I was calling an additional procedure from within a DO CASE and it won't let me until I reorged the PRG and moved some PROCEDURE's out and into other PRG's. It's strange who these kind of things pop up form time to time. This is a twenty year old app that I have extended and from time to time a get these kind of anomallies. I had one were I couldn't add any more REPL ALL commands to a companion program to this app. I just get tired of chopping stuff and rearranging it, I just wanted to see if some of the more technical savy users had seen this issue before just to understand what the limitations were.

Thks again,

Hi,

By moving some of the procedures out into other prg files you have probably reduced the number of lines and the number of functions/procedures a bit!

Well done, old apps are always a bit tricky to look after.

B-)

Martin

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back