Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting echo and hissing noise on ISD calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCU

Vendor
Mar 14, 2006
IN
Hi
I have nortel 11c system in my site and connected to only one pri. Using PSTN ,I ma making ISD calls. Whenever making ISD calls getting echo and hissing noise at the background. The same noise not getting in mobile or local Landline calls.
Do I need to reset the PRI or reboot the system? Please suggest what needs to be checked?
-BCU

I'd go into LD 60 and key in SSCK 0 to see if the ISDN circuit is locked to your exchange. It sounds as it might be out of sync. Also go into LD 22 and at REQ, key in PRT and at TYPE key in PHST to list out the history file to see if it shows anything.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

I checked the clocking and its locked to the PRI and when I took the history file I saw some DTA alarms,occured,persisted and cleard 3 times in a day. And after that the line is stable.anything else you want me to check?

-BCU

Local calls okay but long distance calls bad on the same trunks? I'd say you need to discuss with the long distance provider. Chances are they have some bad voip routing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back