Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Database login dialog when using XML-schema for db definition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekamber

Programmer
Feb 22, 2005
GB
Hi everyone,

I am sure this question has already come up about a million times but I am not able to find a solution for it.

Everything has worked (and is working) perfectly on my development machine. I have recently deployed my CR application to a different machine and I get the weird Database login dialog when the report tries to load.

The report is based off an xml-schema defined in an xml file, and is working perfectly on the development machine. Now, if I was actually using/opening a database connection I would probably know what to put for the machine, database, user and password values in that dialog. However, as the database definition for the report is based on an xml-schema there is obviously no equivalent for the above values. So, I am left in a spot of thinking trouble on how to solve this problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Emir Kamber

This happens for me sometimes when there is a difference between the DataSet set to the report objs DataSource and the schema used when creating the report. I'd use a DataGrid to ensure that all the field/ table names are right, and maybe try on the Development machine with the same input as used on the machine getting the error.

Do you create the Dataset right from an xml file, or using code? If it's right from xml try the exact same file on both machines. Unfortuantely these schema problems are a big hassle to track.

Thanks for the reply.
It seems to have been a schema problem and somehow magically I have fixed it ;) Please dont ask me how as I do not know myself, but I am pretty sure that it was a discrepancy problem between the XML-schema file and the datatable within the dataset.

Thanks anyway,

Regards,

Emir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back