Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting data from a different Table, same field name

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
This is a wierd one. I need an existing crystal report to pull data from a field of the same name, in a different table in the same database.

Macola users out there will know what I am talking about. I need to pull the field Item_No from the table IMITMIDX_SQL, but the report is written from the IMITMIDX table.

I can add the second table to the report, but how do I get the field names to point at the second table without deleting and re-adding all the fields?

I don't beleieve I can do this but TT has suprised me before so I thought it was worth a shot. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

i am from the IT department and we use MACOLA SQL and done what you want many times. i really dont know where is you problem exacly. If you want you can send me the .rpt file so i can see what you want. i am familiar with all the databases names and fields so i know exacly what you are talking about.
Please contact me if you want at l_ovalles@hotmail.com

Luis Ovalles
System Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back