Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Caller ID to work on all stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

defaultgeek

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2002
US
Northstar 32 w/ MICS 4.0 has an intermittent behavior with caller ID display, most of the time it does not work. It always displays internally transferred caller ID's from both T1's but not from direct inward dials, not even by the 5th ring. But caller ID will flash on the station display right as it goes into voicemail on most stations by the 4th ring. Tried feature 811 on the 3rd+ ring but it does not help.

I read some Nortel systems only show caller ID info to just one station per PRI/ISDN Chan via a "show" command. Can all stations be set for "show" or is it limited to certain stations.

CLID Info
On a MICS only one phone per line will show the caller ID information automatically. The other phones will need to press feature 811 to see the info. On a CICS you can set it for all phones. Nortel is going to fix this disparity in the new MICS 6.0 software due out soon.
On the MICS, caller ID is programmed in LINES>Trunk/Line data> type is loop, and CLID set: xxx where xxx is the set you want the caller ID to come up on for inbound calls. You can make the caller ID show up on more than one phone by using a hunt group - and assign all the phones you want the caller ID to show up on (or you can use feature 811 while the call rings).

You will NOT get automatic caller ID information on the second call to a phone. If the phone is in use the next call that comes in will NOT show the caller ID information without pressing F811 and the ringing line appearance.

MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Under the DID line assigned to the set what do you have set as the Caller ID set for that Line, I am assuming you are using a PRI, Target lines start at 145 you will see the rec'd # then the prime set, then the CLID set. Make sure it matches the prime set... There is no setting for the individual PRI Channels except Prime set should be none on the individual channels.

John1@refurbphones.com

Let me see.....
"On the MICS, caller ID is programmed in LINES>Trunk/Line data> type is loop, and CLID set: xxx where xxx is the set you want the caller ID to come up on for inbound calls. "

Yep, pretty shure that's what I mentioned. Thanks again for the confirmation that I am not losing my mind. ;-) MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

I have an older Norstar Nortel System Book says MICS-XC 2.0 and I would like to get caller id to show up automatically. We are a Fire Department and caller ID is very important. HELP! Can this be done?

Please advise.

Timothy Jones
Deputy Chief
tjones@prospectheightsfire.com

As MRoberts mentioned on her Nov 13 post...upgrade to MICS 6.0..It's out now, contact your favorite Norstar distributor and...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
DueE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back