Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting bluescreens of death when printing/connecting to Canon printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech187

MIS
Jul 28, 2000
US
Here recently we have had a wave of pc's getting bluescreens when printing to or just trying to connect to Canon Imagerunner printer/copiers. One evening we made a few changes to the paper tray setting on some of our Canon printers. The next morning we started getting the bluescreens. This is probably a coincidence, but maybe not. It does not matter what os you are on NT or 2000 workstation. The server os does not make a difference either. I rebuilt the printer server from scrath, but this did not help. The only thing that seems to work is going to the workstation/go to the properties of the printer at which time it asks if you would like to load a driver ( it's a network printer, I know it should not ask this) load the driver from cd and reboot. But we continue to get new pc's with this problem everyday. Any ideas? Thanks

sounds like the driver on your print server (the one used if you don't load it from cd) needs to be replaced have you tried that ?

I have reloaded the driver from a canon cd many times, but this does not seem to help. Considering the complete rebuild of the printer server did not stop the problems I don't think the root of the problem is at the server. It may have started there initaially, but it seems the desktops might be causing the problems to continue. I wish I could remove the canon printers from eveyones desktop, reloaded the driver on the server and then reconnect everyone back to the printers. Maybe this would stop the problems, but we have over 1000 people using these printers. I am not sure what to do. I am going to call canon and see if they have heard of this issues. Thanks for the responce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back