Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Blobs out of Oracle in Reportnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

crok

Programmer
Apr 28, 2004
AU
I've built a framework that includes the Oracle Blob column in my package, and have tried to change all the properties to get it to display (display type:picture, mime type image/jpeg etc) but the jpeg blobs just won't display in query or report studio.

Doco says to create a table lookup. No idea what that means....tried a presentation layer Query Subject on the database layer table...still no pictures shown.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

crok,

Not sure how it applies to blobs, but in Impromptu (not CRN) you display dynamic pictures via a table column that includes the file name. The file is stored as a file, not as a blob. Did the CRN docs specifically indicate blob handling?

Regards,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

Yes Griff, the doco does refer to blob database types...tho the explanation is very thin...like a lot of the crn doco.
I had a look at the examples models that refer to blobs and my query item properties are the same as the example....tho the examples database is a MS SQL db
I know extrating blobs out of Oracle is kind of tricky...maybe it's just an oracle issue.

The samples come with DB2 and Oracle dumps of the databases. The sample reports are configured to display blobs so if you import the sample dbs into Oracle, you'll have a working example of how to display them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back