Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting around the SELECT limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malikto

Technical User
Jul 12, 2000
US
I am running into some problems with not being able to use any SELECT statement parameters.  I often need to use the Unique option but find that I can't always use a formula to filter the data.  What other options are there or is there a way around the problem??

Select distinct is an option under Report Options, if that is what you are referring to. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I don't see any option for select distinct under report options.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm using v7.0, is this a newer option?

V8 only I think.&nbsp;&nbsp;In v7, you can use the query tool (or a stored proc), which will allow you full editing control over the SELECT statement. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back