Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting around 9 for remote notification - or can I make mass updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsanders79

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2006
US
We just went live with a new CallPilot 4.0 voicemail system and we are trying to fix some issues. One of the major issues we are running into is when our old voicemail system information was imported it did not contain a 9 or 1 for remote notification numbers. Since then we have gone live unaware that the new system requires us to dial 91. Remote notification either gets turned off because of an invalid number, or worse dials the first 4 digits to a local users extension. Is there anyway to have callpilot prefix numbers with 91 or is there an easy way to do a mass update. We have 6000 total users and a fair amount use this feature. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

i would do a search for disabled remote and fix those. do all 6000 users have remote notification? must be a pretty big mail.. we have around 2000 users but only 4-5 hundred with remote.. i do not know of a way to class change to insert the 9-1.. best to test a few before cut?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back