Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting an empty field

Status
Not open for further replies.

BomberMan2K

Programmer
Sep 19, 2007
IL
Hi,
I have this weird problem that i would be grateful if any one could help.
I've moved from an Access DB to SQL Server using SQL Server Migration tool. All is fine, but a certain field field just doesn't send back when I try to get it using ASP code.
That's a nvarchar(MAX) field.
It seems that if I use ODBC to access the server, I can't get this field, and if I use JET.OleDb.4 I get this field.
The catch is that even if I get back to Access and use ODBC on it, i still can't get this field.

The catch might that the DB has Hebrew language fields as well. Even if I write only English chars in the field, it still doesn't return me anything.

If I check the field returned for null or emptiness - I almost always get an empty field, but sometimes it doesn't recognize it as empty or null - but still prints nothing.

Would appreciate some help,
Good day,
Roman.

Instead of [SQL Server] ODBC driver use [SQL Native Client] ODBC driver.

Borislav Borissov
VFP9 SP2, SQL Server 2000/2005.

the interesting part - if I use ASP.NET with SQLDataSource and a gridview - I get the results as needed!
Something is really strange here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back