Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting an average in VBA in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeceB65

Technical User
Dec 9, 2020
AU
In an Access module I'm using this code

x = Forms![Density Test]![No of Test]
For n = 1 To x

Dat = Choose(n, Forms![Density Test]!DENS1, Forms![Density Test]!DENS2, Forms![Density Test]!DENS3, Forms![Density Test]!DENS4, Forms![Density Test]!DENS5, Forms![Density Test]!DENS5, Forms![Density Test]!DENS6, Forms![Density Test]!DENS7, Forms![Density Test]!DENS8, Forms![Density Test]!DENS9, Forms![Density Test]!DENS10)

S1 = S1 + Dat

Next
Forms![Density Test]![AvD] = S1 / x

Forms![Density Test]![Av Density] = Forms![Density Test]![AvD]

I get an answer of an average that is 2.334 when in reality the average is 2.327 from 6 values of 2.333, 2.287, 2.365, 2.264, 2.377, and 2.339.
x = 6

Any idea why?
Is this code wrong?

TIA Reece

Never mind
I found the obvious.
I'm just a blind twit

I'd like to share how I did this

'Average Density Ratio
For q = 1 To x
Dat4 = Choose(q, Forms![Density Test]!DR1, Forms![Density Test]!DR2, Forms![Density Test]!DR3, Forms![Density Test]!DR4, Forms![Density Test]!DR5, Forms![Density Test]!DR6)
S4 = S4 + Dat4
Next
Forms![Density Test]!MDR = S4 / x
MDR = S4 / x

'Charact Density Ratio
For t = 1 To x
Dat5 = Choose(t, Forms![Density Test]!DR1, Forms![Density Test]!DR2, Forms![Density Test]!DR3, Forms![Density Test]!DR4, Forms![Density Test]!DR5, Forms![Density Test]!DR6)
S5 = S5 + (Dat5 - MDR) ^ 2
Next
DRSD = Sqr(S5 / (x - 1))
Forms![Density Test]!CDR = MDR - (Forms![Density Test]!K * DRSD)

K is a factor of risk applied to the std dev. THe base calc is Characteristic DR = Av DR-(0.92*stddev of DR)
The density ratios are across 6 different fields in a table and on a form.

Thanks for the help here on this site.
Really appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back