Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting alerts fromTivoli to Unicenter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruro02

MIS
Feb 11, 2004
US
Hi,
I have a need to get alerts out of Tivoli into Unicenter .I'm guessing Tivoli TEC to Unicenter Console would be th ebest way. Anyone got any experience doing this, and a feel for how long it might take to set up??

Thanks...

To my knowledge TME does not have any trap forwarding ability built into it. To get traps to go to both you will need to set up a server that is dedicated to trap forwarding and send all traps there.

But much easer would be to reconfigure the SNMP on the agent systems to send their traps to both servers. You could write a script to change the SNMP settings to do this and software distribute it. Either way you need to make the change on the agent side not the server side.

You could also install the Event Agent on the TEC machine and forward the messages with cawto to the EM server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back