Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Access to work with ASP with FP2000...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer57

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2000
US
I've got a site built for our police department. One of the pages that I've included is for bicycle registration. The ASP form is supposed to save to an access database on the server. For some reason, FP can't build the database on the server. I've written to my ISP and the admin doesn't know how to get the access items to work on the server. Any ideas? Do they just need to install Access on thier end?<br>Help! :)<br><br>Bob

they need to have at least an ODBC Driver for Access, possibly a DSN, and the Access file must be running on the same machine that the ASP is running(access cant be accessed remotely) <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

karl,<br><br>please don't say over and over again that access cannot be remotely accessed. it's not true!<br><br>-- ralf<br><br>

well it cant, least not by providing an IP address, to a location on another server, but it can be access remotely on a LAN as long as there is a path to it, other than an IP address, from what I know, and if thats false, point me to information that says you can access it via Internet Location? <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

I've notified the admin of your ideas, he's written me with:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Ok. That sounds great but I don't know how to do any of that. If you see anything that explains how to do that let me know and I'll be happy to do it. So far I haven't found any documentation telling me.<br><br>Any help!? :)<br><br>Thanks,<br>Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back