Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting a virtual extension to ring ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi everybody -

I'm trying to get a virtual extension to ring, but I'm having some struggles. I created the virtual extension, enabled the voice mail, and set the follow-me to ring the virtual extension number. It's set to ringallv2 with both ring durations set to 20 seconds. On an XSTIM set, I have a Ring DN set up for the virtual extension (XXXXR). I can't get the extension to ring at all. When I call it, it goes right to the extension's voice mail box. I'd like to ring the virtual extension three or four times, having it ring on that programmed set, and then have it go to its voice mailbox if there's no answer. I'm probably missing a step in here somewhere, or is what I'm trying to do not possible?

I'm trying to follow Scenario #3 in
Thanks to everyone for their help.

You are probably creating a new extension of the type None (virtual extension). That type of extension cannot ring.

You should instead create an extension of the type XSTIM (Nortel if you are using release 6 software or earlier) and set the type of the phone on the XSTIM Properties (or Nortel Properties) page to Virtual. The XSTIM extension with the type Virtual will create a device that is always alive and can ring for the configured time.

Thanks for the help ucxguy! I created an XSTIM virtual extension, and now it works great. As a workaround, I did a CID prefix - that worked too, but the Answer DN is more to the clien'ts liking. Appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back