Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting a Translation Error when restoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRCC

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
CA
Hi all.

I was hoping one of you fine folks would have some suggestions as to what the following error messages mean.

When attempting a restore job, I get the following message from within the BE for Netware GUI:

Translation Error on media on HA:0 ID:5 LUN:0 QUANTUM DLT4000. Please
consult the administrators manual for possible solutions.

If you look in the BE - Administration Console NLM, the error message reads as follows:

The job completed: with error - Media Format inconsistancy has been detected.
(24616)

Any one have any ideas as to what this means?

TIA

Mark

It sounds like you are using Backup Exec for NetWare.

What version do you have? If you have version 9.0, make sure you are using the latest build 4172.2 . This can be downloaded from the below site:

Backup Exec for NetWare Version 9.0 build 4172.2 (English Language Version)

ps. you can check what version and build you are running from the sys:bkupexec\version.doc file.

Hi.
We are indeed using BE for Netware version 9 build 4019 Server Edition (sorry for leaving it out in the first post).

It turns out that the drive just needed a good cleaning. I ran a cleaning tape through about 4 times and the errors disappeared.

I have now downloaded and installed the upgrade/patch also.

Thanks again for the response bobafet!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back