Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting a count based on the value of a field

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark12010

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2010
US
I have a report in CR11 that lists Clinician, Patient name, date of appointment, and apointment value.
The report is grouped by Clinician
my data looks llike this

Dr Smith Patient A 09/01/2012 NS
Dr Jones Patient b 09/01/2012 CP
Dr White Patient c 09/01/2012 NS
Dr Green Patient d 09/01/2012 CC
Dr Blue Patient e 09/01/2012 NS
Dr Red Patient f 09/01/2012 CC
what I need to do is get totals for example

Total Patients = 6 NS=3 Cp=1 CC=2
Can anyone point me in the right direction

I an think of two ways to do this. The easiest would be to use running totals. Assuming that you're not grouping the data in any way, the running totals would be displayed in the report footer. You will create a running total for each condition that you want to count. Running totals require the following information:

Field to Summarize: Some field that is unique to each record.
Type of Summary: Count
Evaluate: Use a Formula: {MyTable.AppointmentValue} = 'NS' (for example)
Reset: Never

If you need to do subtotals based on some group, you would create a second set of running totals that will reset on change of that group.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

You could just insert a crosstab in the report footer that uses appt value as the column field, and count of patient ID or patient name as the summary field.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back