Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting a ComboBox to display a specific set of results ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Technical User
Aug 31, 2000
CA
Greetings

can anyone tell me how to make one combo box display a specific set of results based on what was selected in another combo box.

IE: If someone selected "Oregon" in the first box, ONLY the cities in "Oregon" will be displayed in the next combo box

Please be gentle here... I am an extreme novice!

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Fletch

You will need to base the second combo box on a query. The query will have as the criteria of one of its fields the name (that is, the value) of the first combo box. In the After_Update event of the first combo box, you would want to requery the second combo.

If all this is confusing, let me refer you to the Solution database, which hopefully was installed when you installed Access. Look in Program Files \ Microsft Office \ Office \ Samples for the Solutions.mdb. (Northwind is often useful as well.) If it is not installed, it is on the Access CD, so, assuming you have the disk, you can rerun the Access installation routine, choosing the Custom install, and watching for the Sample Files.

Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back