Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting 451 block.blars.org is a DEAD LIST, remove from your config!

Status
Not open for further replies.

techinvt

Programmer
May 9, 2007
US
All of a sudden this morning I cannot send mail. I can RECEIVE just fine, but can't send. I am using Outlook 2003 and when I try to send an email (through either of the email accounts I have set up in Outlook) I immediately get an undeliverable message as follows:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 5/9/2007 12:02 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'user@address.com' on 5/9/2007 12:02 PM
451 block.blars.org is a DEAD LIST, remove from your config!

I have received this message trying to send through either account. I CAN log into my webmail direclty in either account and send email, so it must be something in Outlook - this theory seems to be supported by the fact that if I try to look at the Internet headers there's absolutely nothing there. The only thing I can think of is I DID have a spam program installed on my computer a while ago - it was a free 30 day trial thing I downloaded, but I can't remember what it was. Trial expired, so I removed it - that was a few weeks ago. Help!

I created a new profile on my wifes computer and it did not go away. I then VPN into a system at a customers and set up a profile THERE - and it went away. I spoke with my ISP and they had me switch my SMTP port from 25 to 587 - and the problem went away. So apparently Comcast was blocking or messing with port 25? Why would changes they made to port 25 return that error? When I used Outlook express (instead of Outlook) I got a send/receive error that said basically the same thing except that it said that the mail server had rejected the email address, then gave the 451 blars error. ***confusion runs rampant***. At least it is working now through 587, but would like to know what was going on if you have any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back