Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getTgtRsrc command

Status
Not open for further replies.

bi

Technical User
Apr 13, 2001
US
Has anyone used the getTgtRsrc command successfully? This is a command found on NIM servers that can be used to query a managed system's vio servers through the managed system's HMC to get information about the resources on the vio servers.

I am using this syntax:

./getTgtRsrc -hmc <name of our HMC server> -u <my user name. I have super admin rights on the hmc server> -m <name of the hardware as it appears on the left side of HMC under Systems Management/Servers> -vio <vioserver names as they appear on the "Contents of:" pane in the HMC,separated by a comma> -o /tmp/file.out

There is some kind of error in my syntax, but all I keep getting is the help file output for the command with no hint of where I've gone wrong.

As is usually the case, I found my problem 10 seconds after I posted. Instead of -vio, I have to use -viosEth <server names> -viosDisk.

I kept dropping the s in -vios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back