Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamf

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
GB
I have a problem with an intranet site, that is basically denying access to MSIE 6 and Mozilla.

The site is password protected - MSIE 5.5 and below ask for authentication ok, but 6+ and Mozilla just bomb out and serve a 401 error page.

The only entry in the error log is getpeername: Transport endpoint is not connected

Any ideas? Adam F
Solaris System Administrator

Any ideas, people? Adam F

Using .htaccess and .htpasswd.

Incidentally, I have just removed all authentication & got the same results! Adam F

When the page is called now (with authentication off), the following error message is diplayed at the top of the served page:

[Thu Jan 9 17:50:09 2003] [error] Cannot resolve host name ops --- ignoring! HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:50:09 GMT Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100 Connection: Keep-Alive Transfer-Encoding: chunked Content-Type: text/html 1000

Also, all images on the page are shown as 'broken' - although again, all is well with IE 5.5 etc... Adam F

Well, this might be an issue with the very old version you are using which is fixed in some later release, though I'm not sure... Have you considered upgrading? //Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back