Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GetOptions/ SetOptions headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

jksmi

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
Hi,

wondered if anyone might know the answer to this little teaser...

I want to save the users current options when my database is opened, change them to what I want them to be and then put them back when the database is closed. GetOption and SetOption works fine for everything except for the 'Windows in taskbar' option? - not really that important but its doin' my 'ead in.

For example :
Debug.Print Application.GetOption("Use Taskbar For Each Document")
This returns an error, 2091 "Use Taskbar For Each Document" is an invalid name???? This doesn't work for the SetOption either. I've copied and pasted the string from the help files? It works with all the other options?

Anyway, if you can help I'd be very happy and can sleep easy tonight...

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi Jamie
I am looking to do something similar and found this article at Microsoft Knowledge Base

I found that the correct string is "ShowWindowsInTaskbar" which is different than the "Use Taskbar For Each Document" listed in the VB 6 help file.

Maybe you can help me. I also want to set the option back to it's original setting when the database or Access closes (not when a form closes). I can do it in a module, but how do I trigger it on the close?

Ed

The database itselft does not have any events with it. You have to trigger the function on OnClose of the last form. If you have a main menu form, you can use this one to trigger the routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back