Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GetLanguageDriver Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomAtWork

Programmer
Jan 25, 2005
US
Help!

I am working on Paradox 10, with all available patches on a Novell Netowrk, Windows XP. I was nodifying some code in a form and when I went to run the form, I got the following message: "An error was triggered in the 'getLanguageDriver' method on an object of TCursor type."

I can edit the form but not run it. Since it is relatively early in the morning, I asked oru network administrator to restore the form from a back up - SAME ERROR! And this error now occurs on every form I try to open in this directory - even ones not changed for several months. The error now occurs on all other computers connected to the network trying to open these forms. There are no lost lock files hanging out in the directory, and the files do not work when copied to my desktop.

Like I said, HELP!

Does the error dialog have a ">>" button, and if so does clicking on it give a more descriptive error message?

Have you checked the language driver on the table that tcursor is attaching to?

'Forms'. More than one, then?

I would guess that something has changed on your workstations (or possibly the server).

Have you tried copying the forms to individual workstations and running from there? (This is the preferred method for speed purposes.)

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

Not likely it, but...

Can you check the directory and see if there are ANY files that are NOT Paradox files?

If so, try deleting or renaming those files - AFTER saving a copy of them.

I would have said try the same in :pRIV:, but you say this is on EVERY workstation. Not likely a :pRIV: issue.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back