Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GetDate trouble in DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbellomo

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
US
This query will work in the query analyzer, but not it the DTS package:

I receive this error --
Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
Error Desc: {IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32-bit)][DB2/400 SQL]SQL0204 - GETDATE in *LIBL type *N not found.

I am trying to hit the AS400 and pull information down that pertains to the current date, (or date -1). I think I've got it all correct, but it keeps erring on GETDATE. If I replace GETDATE with a static date, then it tells me that my 'convert' and 'varchar' aren't recognized.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TIMO

Is getdate() supported in the AS400? It appears the error you are recieving originates at the 400. what is the datatype in the 400?

"Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!"
- Daffy Duck

the datatype of the field that i want to use getdate() as criteria for is formatted YYYYMMDD... i also converted the getdate() to match up with that, but the query simply won't parse... i've been told that I need to use parameters, but I've never done that before.

thanks
TIMO

Hi,
I'm trying the exactly same thing and managed to subtract a number of days from the AS400 system date.

SELECT DATE ({ fn CHAR({ fn CURDATE() }, USA) }) - 30 day AS START_DATE
FROM TABLE

What I can't get done is to re-format this date to YYYYMMDD format for comparison.
Thanks,
JT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back