Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GetDataValue Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethBoyer

Programmer
Jul 14, 2001
US
Has anybody tried to use the GetDataValue in a macro in Cognos. I am trying to run a list of reports that I have stored in a hotfile. I use the GetDataValue to get the prompts. At row 101 it quits working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Beth

Your Impromptu.ini file is only set to retrieve 100 rows of data (for Prompts). Up that to a higher number

The GetDataValue method is a wonderful tool, especially if you combine it with an array. It allows you to retrieve data from Impromptu back into the macro and store the data into an array for loop processing. There is another set of methods, the SQLExec family, that can achieve the same results without the overhead of Impromptu. I use it when I want to 'slim down' the process, or when row count accuracy is vital.

Regards,

Dave Griffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back