Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GetAdaptersInfo - don't use in 2k3/XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirkVFP

Programmer
Aug 25, 2005
NL
Hello people,

According to a comment here one should not use GetAdaptersInfo in Windows 2003/XP.
Some of our software uses this function and sometimes it returns with an error. This behaviour is (so far it seems) completely random.

So now I'm wondering: is the comment in the link I provided right about not using this function, but use GetAdaptersAddresses instead?

Searched around for more info on this but I couldn't find anything on the matter. Anything on the matter would be appreciated :)

I believe Mr.Anatoliy Mogylevets (The author of the site) can be trusted to know his stuff. I would take his word for it. Just check for the OS before using either functions.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.
ReFox XI (www.mcrgsoftware.com)

I believe Mr.Anatoliy Mogylevets (The author of the site) can be trusted to know his stuff. I would take his word for it. Just check for the OS before using either functions.

I'm the kinda guy who wants to know the reason WHY some things are to be done a different way, but that's just me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back