Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get Voicemail prompt but does not record VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

msobkowi

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
CA
So I can call into the voicemail system, but after I leave a message, the message is not actually saved. What could be happening? What do I need to check/change?
The setup is running with a MAS and MSS.

Thanks
Mathew

MWI Service started on the MAS...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

What do you hear when you log in to the mailbox? Sounds like the system is in offline mode.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Yes, MWI service is running. I also ran Operational History viewer in a live mode, and everything seems to be in order. When the voicemail system starts, all the prompts play properly, it says that is recording the message. When the message is done is says that
09/11/07 19:40:06, "TUI", 21223, "Information", 5, "MAS", "A message left for mailbox 1003. Message length was 5 seconds.", 1, 1003, ""
So the system supposedly saved the message, but when I later go into the voicemail to retrieve any messages, says no new or saved messages in the mailbox.

And is this on all mailboxes? or just this one? What is the VMSC set for on Min. Message Length

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

After playing around, and finally inspecting the logs, noticed that I was getting a missing postmaster mailbox number was invalid. Not sure if this was the final issue, but after putting this into the system and doing a reboot on the mss, voicemails now save, and the MWI light turns on.
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back