Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get Val board information

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumCrazy1

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
When I right click on the Val board to get information, I get the following error.

on Feb 06 07:59:02 GMT-07:00 2006 VAL Manager started.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon Feb 06 07:59:46 GMT-07:00 2006 **Task: Get VAL Board Information, Task ID: 1** Connection to XXXX failed. Connection timed out: connect
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you configure the VAL Manager you use the IP address of the C-LAN board. Somehow VAL Manager figures out the IP address of the VAL board and uses that to do the FTP transfers. Verify the addresses of both the C-LAN and VAL boards.

Kevin

I have tried all of our clan boards with no luck.

I have the setting set for SFTP and SSH

What version of VAL Manager and Java do you use? I've had similar experiences with a old version of VAL manager and Java.

I did an upgrade to the most recent version of VAL and Java client and my problem was gone.

Good luck!

Some basic knowledge of Siemens Hicom, Avaya Definity and Mitel 3300 ICP.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back