Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get rid of the Close/Min/Max controls

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2000
US
How do I get rid of these controls on the form menu in the right corner. I have created my own menu with nothing on it and they are still there. I can't find anything in the properties.

Does anyone know the anser

You can set properties for an Access form's Max and Min buttons and Close buttons seperately on the Properties tab, or by setting the Control Box to No (also on the Properties tab), all three buttons go.

The down side is that this will not hold if your forms are maximised! Even if you set your form not to appear maximised, if the user double clicks on the blue bar, the form will maximise within Access and the buttons will re-appear.

A way around that is to set the Pop-Up property to Yes, but when a user maximises this form by double clicking on the blue bar, all the Access controls are hidden behind the form. This may or may not be what you want the user to see.

Hope this helps,

Brendan

Thanks for your help.

Making the form modal works nicely, but unfortunately, as usual with Access one thing affects another.

The delete button for deleting records doesn't work anymore.
The form is not modal.

Why does this occur.

Any other suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back