Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

get rid of adobe menu bar in ms office apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjay66

Technical User
Oct 31, 2005
hi,

i just installed adobe acrobat pro 6.0 and now in every ms office application I have a menu bar from adobe. how can i get rid of it. HELP please

JJ

In each app go view ->toolbars and uncheck the one that mentions PDF. I use Adobe Standard 7.0 and it shows as PDF Maker 7.0 in my toolbar list.

There's likely a registry hack but I just found it faster to go into each app and uncheck it. It won't come back unless you want it to.

Cheers.

Try launching one office app )with the others all off) with no documant open and unchecking adobe pdf in view menu/toolbars. Then quit the app and repeat for other Office apps. Then launch one of the apps and see if the toolbar is now gone.

My experience has been that it shows up again on relaucnd unless I've done the above.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back