Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get Remote User Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

karateboy02

Programmer
Jul 26, 2007
US
Let me just give some background on the issue at hand. I am an IT worker for a manufacturing facility of roughly 1000 associates. We have several different types of hardware that we loan out from time to time for people traveling to different places or for temporary use around our plant, one of these types of hardware being laptops. We have had a problem as of late with laptops not being returned and by the time they are noticed missing no one in our office seems to know who had them last. So I have written a program that will resolve the IP address from the computer name via our DNS server which enables me to know when someone is using the device and it's connected to our network. The only problem is I don't know who is using it. I need a way to get the user name of the user that is currently logged in on that remote machine. Thanks in advance for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back