Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

get next N records

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnSouth

Programmer
Feb 20, 2001
GB
Hi
I'm sure this is an old perennial, so feel free to refer me to earlier answers..
How so I get SQL to return me the next/previous N records from a table that does not have a suitable unique key I can use to fix the start point?

I can get the first N with SELECT TOP, but after that it gets difficult.

JohnSouth
Pangbourne UK

John South
JS Associates
Pangbourne UK

I haven't figured out how to use the thread identifier, but if you go to the keyword search tab and enter

"How to return a range of records " there is a good discussion and with code how to do it.

The thread that forecasting referred to is thread183-56272. To post a thread number in a message, go to the upper left corner of the thread, copy the thread number including the word "thread" and paste it in the message box as I did in this message.

For more info on paging in SQL Server, check the following links.

Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back