Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

get location metadata into web photo gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmover

Technical User
Jun 9, 2004
US
a follow-up question...

the web photo gallery works for only some of the styles. the links from the thumbnails and next/back buttons do not activate appropriate picture when selected. i did manage to find a style in which the links do work.

my desire is to obtain additional metadata, other than description (i.e. location data - city, state, & country) and filename. Does anyone know of a process or technique to obtain this additional metadata? If so, how to include the metadata with each picture in web photo gallery? the option to include locale data is not available from within the create web photo gallery process.

Oh! yes, the metadata was entered for each slide/image file and saved with each image file (tiff file).

i'm thinking that perhaps additional programming (java, html, ?) is needed to obtain the information. i'm not familiar with this code/language.

thanks!
-pmover

I think that you have a better chance of an answer to these questions on one of the other Forums.
E.g. Adobe Photoshop Forum or Macromedia Dreamweaver etc...

I don't use Photoshop's html gallery function anymore. I switched to a database driven server app that I run from my home computer and from my web site. You can get it for free from...

(Alex King's Task application is pretty cool too - - everything is free)

This server application gathers all EXIF data from your photos. You need PHP and MySQL running on your computer or remote server.

You might find another good (commercial) option in Extensis.com's Portfolio.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back