Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get into Offices code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambob

Programmer
Apr 13, 2021
US
I wanna make mods to office, anyone know how to get to their code files? Also do they use XML for programming?

Sincerely,
Bob Space

If you want to modify the actual Office software, you are out of luck. Office is a proprietary product. It is not open source. It is owned by Microsoft, who do not publish the source code.

That said, there are many of ways of customising and extending the Office software. There are dozens of settings you can change. And in the case of Word and Excel (UPDATE: and PowerPoint), you can write macros to extend its functionality.

If you would care to tell us what mods you have in mind, we can provide more specific information.

Regarding XML, Office uses XML as the basis for its document file format. You asked if it uses "XML for programming". I'm not sure what that means, but I suspect the answer is no.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

DAX Studio is an example of the power of add-ins, in this case for data model and power pivot in excel.

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back