Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get info on ondemand jobs from CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmmrfrds

Programmer
Feb 13, 2000
US
Right now, I can see scheduled jobs that are running by looking directly at the CMS with an SQL query, but I am not sure how the ondemand is denoted in the CMS if at all. That is my question. How do I see the ondemand. I am looking for the Webi's that refresh on open.

This will give me the object id and owner which is sufficient since we are already unraveling the CMS blobs into sql tables using MetaMiner from Infolytks.
Select
from boecms.cms_infoobjects6
where schedulestatus = 0

Any ideas on how to identify the ondemand?

Thank you.

Which version of BusinessObjects are you using?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

On demand report are not noted in the CMS. You would have to have auditing turned on and then work from the auditing database.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Does BOE 4.0 give better information on ondemand webi's?

One of the reasons I was hoping to find information in the CMS about ondemand activity is that it is not being tracked in the Audit table. I am trying to get a handle on why there is no audit information. It seems to me that I have seen this audit information in the past but not now. I checked with the BOE Admin person and he says all the auditing is turned on, but the ondemand is missing. Do you have any ideas on how to debug this?

Thank you.

It's not enough to have auditing "turned on", specific auditing options need to be turned on for the server processes as well. In the CMS, you have to look at the audit settings on the Web Intelligence Processing Server. In particular, the option to audit on Document Refreshed needs to be turned on in order to see when on demand reports are being run.

-Dell

I can see the ondemand in the audit table now. Here is what happened. Everything was checked on the Web Intelligence Processing Server(s) including the "Document Refreshed", but there was a problem with the AdpativeProcessingServer(s). I found some documentation that says.
"Client Auditing Proxy Service (collects auditing information from connected Rich Desktop and Web Intelligence Clients)."

In our system there were 2 AdaptiveProcessingServers out of 5 total that were hung up. That is, when the admin tried to view the properties on these 2 servers it hung with no response. The admin then deleted these 2 servers and the ondemand started logging to the audit table. I don't understand why BOE would not have picked one of the working AdpativeProcessingServers at least occassionaly and we would have seen some logging. Anyway, this appears to have cleared it up for now.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back