Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get info from visitors and convert it into a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

biddingbong

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2004
MU
Hello everybody, I've been to a site lately, ant there has been something very interesting on that site. There was a little picture (jpeg) and on that it has been written (i)my IP (ii)my OS and (iii) my browser.

OK, for putting these info's in a *.jpg picture is not that important, maybe it can be done with an external DLL, but using ASP, is it possible to get the above information?

For the IP I'll manage to do it as well as the browser, but can somebody tell me how to detect the visitor's OS?

Well, I don't want winnt 5.1 or something, if the client is on XP, I want windows XP to be displayed.

You can check the jpec picture at:

i think what you're referring to is a common SWF ( flash ) file out on the internet.

but as for the question you asked, look into the request.servervariables collection

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert
if all else fails, light it on fire and do the happy dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back