Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get Images from a directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiiyama

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
US
I would like to Create One movie clip for each image in a directory, and put the image in the movie clip. I would like each movie clip to be the same dimensions regardless of the Image size if that is possible.

Also, when creating a movieclip in actionscript, does that mean that the movieclip is already exported for ActionScript?

I am beginner at Action Script so please be gentle. =)

In case anyone is wondering, this is for "pageflip version 2.13"

Thanks

you can't read the contents of a folder with actionscript, the swf doesn't run on the server, it runs on the client machine. i suggest you create a web service, or other server app, that returns list of the relevent files.

if you create something that returns text that looks like xml (.net web services do this automaticly, but you can just make a page that is empty to start woth then write xml to itself) you can call it using something like 'XML.Load("

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back