Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get HWND of Ressource

Status
Not open for further replies.

koraykazgan

Programmer
Jan 11, 2005
DE
Hi there,

I am a VC++ Newbie. More than once I have tried to learn VC++, but I failed because MFC was too complex for me. I am a programmer who wants to know every written line in the code. When I start a Hello World tutorial in VC++, there are to many lines of code, which i don't understand.

So I have discovered Win32. I think Win32 is a library, which includes all base functions of Windows. Please tell me if I am wrong.

So I learned to create a Window by code, using WNDCLASSEX, CreateWindow() and ShowWindow(). Thats pretty fine, but it is not easy to design a window by code. So I want to add a window resource into my project, put controls on it, and then use the ShowWindow() function at any time to display my window. But to use ShowWindow, I need a HWND. How do I get the HWND of a window Resource?

When I'm adding a resource into my project, I choose add dialog. Have I to add the dialog resource to use a window, or is there a "WINDOW RESOURCE" anywhere in the VC++ IDE?

Or is there any other way to display such a window resource.
I am not sure, if I am in the right forum, but I decided to post my question here, because its about Win32.

Thanks a lot,
Bye...

If you are using Microsoft's Visual C++, Check out LoadResource in the help files. However, I'm not certain that you can use resources for windows; Dialogs, yes; Windows, Idunno... try it and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back