Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get help on IMAP SSL on WatchGuard Firebox III 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw1112

MIS
Jan 25, 2003
HK
Dear all,

I am now using the WatchGuard Firebox III 700 and I have installed the SSL cert on my email server. Our client can access it through the Https (443) but they still cannot access through the IMAP (993).

I have also installed the same cert on the Exchange IMAP. I can connect it through SSL IMAP (993) within the network but still failed outside the firewall.

Any port that I need to open ? I have opened the port 993. What else??

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like you've done everything right. What deny messages are you seeing on the FB log if any?

I created a SSL IMAP service in the WatchGuard called: SSL_IMAP.

I checked the console that it display the following message:

allow in eth0:0 48 tcp 20 120 202.66.74.106 218.103.51.36 1137 993 syn (SSL_IMAP).

It seems it allow to access but why no response from my outlook express ? and it only said 'Can not open the connection to port 993'.

It doesn't appear to be an issue with the FB. You might try breaking out the packet sniffer to see exactly what it happening.

The only thing that pops immediately to mind is a routing issue. Is the exchange server multi-homed? I've had issues with a multi-homed Exchange server. MS doesn't seem to know how to route packets out the correct interface unless specifically told how in the route table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back