Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get data out of an OLD Micros system (micros Res 3000 Version 3.2 SP7 mf6 build 3.2.101.1895)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triphoss

Technical User
May 8, 2005
US
Ok, we have been running this old system for 10+ years, the last copyright notice on it (last update) is 2007...
We get no useful reporting. But i am wondering if someone on this board can help me figure out if i can just dump all the sales data from 2018 into some-kind of file that i can then use to get the information i need.

I have three restaurants, three different POS systems, this is the oldest by far. What i want to figure out is how much food is being ordered "late night" in each restaurant. For the other two restaurants I have pulled various reports and pieced together the information...but i don;t know how to get it out of this old system.

Basically i am looking to find out (i used time date stamped transactions in the other systems) the $$ of food orders going to the kitchen between, 10 pm- 11 pm, 11p and 12 am and 12 am and 1 am for each individual day of the week. I don't even know where to start with this system. I seem to remember 20 years ago, we would pull some "flat file" or something and then use Chrystal reports...these are just words that stick in my memory.

I am happy to pay for expertise...I just don't know where to start because of the age of the system.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks
Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back