Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get CPU speed from OK prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeranda

Technical User
Jun 25, 2010
LK
Hay guys. I am going to 've SunBlade 1500 Can anyone let me know, any command to get CPU clock speed while I am on OK prompt as still there is no OS installed in the box. Very much appreciate experts replies.

Hi SamBones, Thank you very much for your information. It seems that this command is not recognized. I got follwoing messages,

OK .speed
.speed ?
OK

Does it mean, .speed command is not available with version of current OBP or is there a particular location in the device tree to execute this command. Your suggestion is very much appropriated.

Hmmm, may be version specific. The "[tt]banner[/tt]" command sometimes has CPU speed.

Thank you very much SamBones. Yes, .speed command may not accepted because of version problem. Unfortunately banner command will not give CPU related info. I got info. that CPU information can be retrieved having gone into CPU device page in device tree. If anyone knows how this can be done please add it to this thread. Your commented are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back