Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get Access to the Desktop of Winnt with VNC on your BCM 3.7 and older 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocRobotnik

Technical User
Mar 29, 2012
CA
Hi Guys !

I make a discovery.

Since i seen there is a Service Called VNC in the service list in element manager, i tryed alot to try to see that hidden desktop on winnt.

So with many works i get it and i share here the process i did.

My work computer is WIN10 65bits, i right click on this PC and manage, then i click connect to an other computer and i enter the ip
of the BCM you may be prompted to enter admin password enter ee_admin with your BCM password.

Now i add all drives as a share C$ D$ E$ F$ G$ H$ etc.

i can access everything but becarefull to do it at your own risk if you delete something else on your bcm this is irreversible.

in C:\Progra~1\ORL\VNC is the location of VNC on the bcm you will need to copy it on your PC and run vnc.

then when you run VNC server on your own PC set a password 1234 and save settings.

A new registry key will be add on your PC...

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\Password HEX ee 5b 0e 48 c8 fe 97 71

This key is the password 1234 coded in HEX.

Run Regedit on your pc click Connect to a remote registry enter the ip of the BCM and when prompted enter ee_admin as user and your bcm password.

Go manualy on HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\ORL\WinVNC3\ and modify the current key called password to the new value "ee 5b 0e 48 c8 fe 97 71"

Close everything stop the VNC service in element manager and restart it, use the vnc viewer you get from the bcm VNC folder and when promted to enter a password enter 1234 and Bingo ! it work ! You can now access your BCM desktop like a computer.

The VGA port is disable it since Nortel set the Display driver as NULL.DLL it disable the graphic interface, just use a standard driver offered by windows and you will unlock the VGA port and you can use the bcm like a normal computer with physical mouse and keyboard.

I suggess to make a ghost first in case something wrong happen.

Doc Robotnik

Great post..star for the info and effort you put in to access it.

You can also use LockSmith or similar Linux tools to reset the passwords on these NT Systems. Not that I'd recommend to still be running them in this day & age!

Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media
Telecoms, Networks, Hosting, Alarms, CCTV etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back