Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gentran NT coding Extended Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
For outbound application that has a segment that repeats several times, I need to setup "Temp" records and code extended rules to populate data to them. Can someone provide an example of what that will look like?

One issue when working in that scenario is that you MUST have at least a simple link from input to output to have GENTRAN produce an outbound segment. IOW, you may have to set up an extended rule on the inbound side, predicated on some field that will always have value in the inbound data, to do some populating of temp vars on the inbound side and then link those from the inbound to the outbound.

What is the trans/segment that you are trying to output and what type of data will have to be generated for the segment in question?

create a temp on the same level, pass the original valuse to the temp in the extended rule and link the temp to the output.

I'm having trouble with looping logic in Gentran
for Windows 3.1 856 mapping. Does anyone have any
information on looping and why I would get only
one record although multiple iterations are in the
idoc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back