Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gentran: Goup Moving in a map

Status
Not open for further replies.

kclark747

Programmer
Jan 13, 2003
US
I have been working at constructing an 856 asn map that will output in two different structures dependant on the existance of a field in the T level. here is the source structure.
This is the input and the output if a particular field exists in the T Level.
Each of the Levels is a group that can loop many times.
S S
|_O |_O
|_T |_T
|_P |_P
|_I |_I

If the field in the T level does not exist the ouput needs to be:
S
|_O
|_P
|_I
The main problem is that Gentran will not fill out the P level without putting things in the T level.

What I have been thinking about doing is creating temp groups and copying the data to these groups if the Tare field is nonexistant.
This would be the layout with the temporary fields.
S
|_O
|_T
| |_P
| |_I
|_P
|_I
I would then have to somehow move the data from the P and I levels down into the temp P an I levels.
Is this workable? What is the best way of doing this kind of mapping?

Any hints or clues would be greatfully appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin Clark

Hi Kevin,

Not sure what version of Gentran you are using. If you are using Gentran:Server 3.0 (AS/400), 856 Tare level issue.

Create 2 T segments. Set flag for 1st segment(do not write) if contion not == true. If condition == true, the second segment will be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back