Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gentran FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfisher

Programmer
Jul 16, 2003
SE
I have been tasked with looking at Internet access from Gentran to IBM, GXS (GEIS) and the Spanish VAN TSAI. Does any one have any experience, scripts, tips?

We set up FTP scripts on the individual mailboxes in Gentran. We also have a dedicated FTP server that we can send and receive from instead of using theVAN for some partners.

The Gentran smaple scrips are pretty good and usually only need to be slightly modified. The mailbox setup wizard pretty much takes you through all of the screens you need to fill out in Gentran.

does anyone have or know where i can source Gentran NT 4 FTP/WS_FTP scripts to connect to IBM Information Exchange?

I have not upgraded to version 4 yet but if it comes with a sample script I will let you know.
Does IBM info exchange have an older name? I have numerous smaple scriups for Infonet, Sprintnet, CompuServ, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back