Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Genesys and CS1000 (r6) with CCMS (r7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NortelGuy1979

Programmer
Nov 10, 2004
US
Hello all,

I am working on a CS1000 with CCMS; CS1000 is at 6.0 and CCMS is at 7.0 (er, Avaya NES Contact Center 7.0). Site is looking at putting in a Genesys call center solution. Site has a Genesys consultant, however, he does not know CCMS or CS1000.

As I understand it, if you want Genesys to have full control over inbound calls (3rd party call control / 3PCC), CCMS is not in the mix except for MLSM service. Agents are not built in CCMS, CDNs are a thing of the past, etc. Calls come into the PBX, are routed to ports on the Genesys (probably via basic ACD? depending on whether it's trunk-side connection or not), etc. Genesys does all the routing decisions ("scripting") and then decides what agent to send the call to.

Questions:
1) Are agents built as actual agents in the PBX in a basic ACD queue? Or does Genesys just dump the call to a specific DN (which it is monitoring via AML/MLSM link, with TN programmed as IAPG 1 and AST xx yy?)
2) If they're built as ACD agents, do they need to be acquired by CCMS so that messsages are passed from PBX <--> CCMS <--> Genesys?
3) If they are agents, does Genesys park the call on the ACDN and let the PBX choose who to distribute the call to? Or does Genesys somehow choose the agent?

Also, site wants to run an outbound campaign where Genesys is making outbound calls, and when someone answers, sending the call to an agent on the PBX. Same questions above apply (except the call is not inbound) - how are these phones built?

Then, instead of builting routing into the Genesys, they want CCMS to handle routing to inbound calls to these same agents. To me this means we have a CDN, phonesets are built as ACD sets w/ position ID's, agents are built in CCMS with agent ID's, and ... standard CCMS setup. But then what happens if both Genesys and Contact Center try to send a call to an agent at the same time? IE, Genesys tries to connect an outbound campaign call but Contact Center has received an inbound call and determined that xyz agent gets that call?

The big problem here is that Genesys docs on how these interact is ... crap, and the contact center architect doesn't know Avaya stuff at all.

ANY help would be appreciated, because we're spinning in circles here.

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer Sr.

I so feel your pain. I always thought that Genesys was a great Call Center package, for an Avaya/Definity system. It works better with that programming. We had Rls 25.40B and the company that I used to work with went with Genesys. It was painful at best.

Call routing was done via the Genesys, but there was a lot of functions the Symposium had to do underneath. Our Genesys version would not dump the calls to the ACDN on the phone, but rather the personal extension on the phone. This was done via the AST broadcast on the phone and the connection to the TServer. We had to use the Link in Symposium to get the information over to the Genesys

Agents were built as ACD phones, CDNs, the whole bit, but it was rather painful to watch the company go down this route as we needed so much in Symposium to get the Genesys to work.

I'm not trying to knock Genesys. As I have stated the system works great on the Avaya and I believe that the two week CGE class was based on Avaya programming. The system has some difficulty with the Nortel (Avaya Blue) system.

First thing before you get too deep. Ask them where they have this connected to an Avaya Blue system and take the trip to the site. Talk to the people onsite there and ask them what they think of the system and how the integration went. Then get with your Avaya rep and go to a site this using AACC 6.2 and take a look at that product. If you are looking at support after the fact, I think you will be fine and it does everything Genesys will do and is programmed to work on your system.

All I know is that when we were all said and done, we had two Call Centers running Genesys and the company spend around $2 million getting it done. We had a quote from Nortel at the time to do everything, even custom reporting for $325,000.00.

I hope it turns out good for you.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back